We know that “time is money.” in sales marketing, using valuable time is directly proportional to earning more. Proper management of time in sales marketing is a very crucial task.
According to the studies, every minute is essential, and if you understand how to use it properly, it can lead to success.
Only 28% of sales representatives follow time management strategies.
35% focus their time on selling.
65% focus on non-revenue generating activities.
Three keys to effective time management are.
BE SPECIFIC: act authentically and clarify what is important to you. Explain your side specifically. Avoid long conversations. An effective sales manager quickly understands the mindset of the customer within 15 minutes.
BE COMPLETE: recognize how the different parts of your life affect one another.
- Always experiment with new things.
- Don’t work monotonously.
- Add creativity, which is right for you and the people around you.
According to the studies,
39% of salespeople are role-specific.
28% are busy reading and answering emails.
19% do research and are busy in gathering information. 14% active in communication and collaboration.
So from the given figures, we can say that there is a lack of effective time management among sales representatives.
# Be curious and shift from confrontation to conversation.
# Learn how to manage people by asking better questions.
# Provide them with a vision.
# “What to do” marries with “how to do.”
# Take feedback timely.
# As a sales leader set a bar high for ourselves and your team.
According to their nature, #manage people, great sales managers, know that they are different from different views.
So let us discuss effective time management Strategies for sales representatives.
- Plan before you call: In our day-to-day life, we know the importance of routine. Without proper practice, it is challenging to complete a daily task. In sales marketing, creating an appropriate process is very important before following it. Make a daily routine diary or ‘Plan before you call’. Planning helps you to do things quickly. You can use time management software to click on ezeehrm.com to learn more.
- Be organized: If you are doing things manually, you are wasting 40% of your time searching scattered files. Try to use CRM software that helps you to keep all critical sales-related files and documents. Spend more time on generating leads, connecting leads, and selling. Spend less time searching and organizing work.
- Focus on a small group of clients first: 80% of sales come from 20% of clients. Don’t waste time focusing on such a task with less impact on your success. concentrate on tasks with higher ROI. Remember, not every customer will buy, so don’t waste time on unqualified customers; instead, try to focus on a small group of clients first. If you provide proper service to them, then they can be your promoters.
- Avoid recurring tasks: No need to prepare a” sales script” instead of trying to “be real.” don’t target similar types of customers instead of developing a Framework. Change your writing according to the customer’s mindset at your past wins and note down the details; they might be useful in the future. This helps you to avoid recurring tasks, and it can save you time.
- Batch making and avoid multitasking: Batching, grouping, time blocking. These are simple practices. Make a to-do-list and group some tasks together. Make a batch of them and allow a window of time for each group. use time tracking software like ezeeHRM. Spend the right amount of time on specific tasks and make a routine to adjust your time management. 73% of sales representatives use sales Technology, considering its importance. When there is not enough time, tracking software can help you out. Multitasking is not always right. Your brain can’t do two things at once.
- Not too fast, not too slow: Dealing with the wrong lead for a longer time is merely a waste of time. Learn how to deal with unqualified leads. Nurture viable leads. Give more time to them. Try to convert them into customers. Decide the average time for both.
- Kit kat break: Are you taking too many breaks at work? After every hour, a 5 to 10 minutes break is enough. Avoid taking a break after every call. Avoid continuous work. Your mind needs some rest after a particular set of time to be revived.
Effective time management is key to success, being productive and less stressed, and more effective.
Reasons why prospects don’t buy from you?
“No one is 100% perfect”. There is always a scope for improvement. Whether you are very good at selling, but your closing rate is not still 100%, but if you are consistently losing a deal, there is a need for improvement in your process, .then it’s necessary to diagnose the cause.
According to Brad Antin, the main three reasons why your prospects didn’t buy from you are.
1) They don’t want
2) They can’t afford and
3) They can’t believe it.
Let us discuss a few more reasons…
EXPECTATIONS VERSUS REALITY
If the product you are selling does not meet your customers’ expectations, they will refuse to purchase it. You have to think, according to their views. If it happens, then there are only two solutions, either you find new customers or replace your stock. Both options are expensive.
KEEP ONE EYE ON COMPETITOR
If you are selling an air conditioner system for 50k and another guy, B sells the same thing at the same price. Still, with installation, the customer will prefer B, as he is giving extra service at the exact cost. Nowadays, the market is a competitive space. There is always someone willing to do more work for the same money.
Suppose it happens when thinking about the VALUE PROVIDED and how to inform your customer about it. It is evident that installation is free, but you need to educate your customer. it also matters how you represent your services; it’s all up to you to convey to your customer that added value you provided.
If your customers don’t know about you, about product exists, then they will not pay attention to it. It all depends on how you are advertising your product.
Your product’s proper branding is necessary to find out how to use LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and all the channels depending on your targeted customers. Learn how to figure out SEO, Google so that people can find you, learn you, talk to you, and then become a customer.
particularly in high investment item trust, is often needed before customers are willing to purchase. Why do established brands survive for decades even upstarts are ready to provide at low cost?? They have established a trust relationship with existing customers that bring existing customers back for repeat transactions. Trust can be built if a customer heard something positive about you from their friend or got a recommendation from friends or if they read optimistic about your product etc. so show them case studies, testimonials, give them a demonstration, make them more comfortable then only they will feel trust in you.
Earning trust is not always easy, but you can create a positive impression by offering warranty programs and cashback offers. You can give signals of their stability and longevity by sentences like ” 50 years of success”; it can create trustworthiness.
If your customer is willing to purchase your product but can’t afford it, then in such a case offering to finance can act as a bridge to fill the gap. No one can run a business without money. Money is a basic need. Try to arrange loan facilities or instalment facilities so that both of your purposes may get solved.
We all know the disadvantages of overselling the customers; that’s why people hate telemarketers as they are frequently calling. It creates a wrong impression. There is an equal and opposite problem of underselling.in underselling, there are chances to pass over your services. So it is necessary to find a tricky balance in between. It depends on the industry you are in and to whom you are selling.
These are the top six reasons why no one is buying from you. Hopefully, these have opened your eyes to some extent. A lot of companies have failed for this reason. Try to fix these reasons to increase your sales.