All of us know that the first impression is the last impression, the first impression always matters. according to the survey, 55% of employees decide whether to be with a company or not in their future from their onboarding experience. The onboarding experience is very important for any company to save top talents ultimately it decides the future of the company.
It is very necessary for any of the companies to Treasure the best people they have got. Initial days of any employee is always a little bit awkward as they need time to get adjusted in a new surrounding, but its companies responsibility to feel them welcomed and valued. they should feel accepted by colleagues.
In some of the big companies, HR managers are giving topmost priority to the best onboarding experience. If it is good and impressive then ultimately it decreases the cost of recruiting and training expenses. Some companies send welcome emails and offer letters two weeks before the actual joining date so that new hires can understand their responsibilities properly. Here are some guidelines for serving the best onboarding experience to your new hires.
- Welcome: Companies should send proper welcome messages which include a company’s information, policies, future Plans, work tips, role clarity of that person, job duties, quick check-ins and warm wishes. easy availability of setups and help desk should be included one should avoid isolating onboarding experience. there should be a little bit differentiation in matters according to the grades.
- Documentation: It is necessary to document all the welcome processes so that there should be no chance to forget. Onboarding experience matters a lot of companies check-ins must be available on web integration 24/7 so that anybody can access. Knowledge and approach of ex-employee should be documented. company’s history, values, culture, benefits, training programs must be mentioned. one should allow company care with 1:1 with the project manager. Setup of laptop, software, the password must be documented.
- Personal touch: It is the responsibility of everybody in a company to feel a new hire comfortable. personal loving gestures can do miracles. one can arrange a small Intro on joining date. turn-by-turn eating lunch with colleagues so that new hires should not feel leftover. you can daily send an email asking ‘how are you feeling friend ‘? asked to share working difficulties and their problems. offer gifts, handwritten notes, and welcome kits. so many small gestures can do a great job
- Engagement: Initial days in a new company with a lot of new faces and new work is difficult for everyone, they feel anxious as a newcomer. So that frequent check-ins make life easier and show your care. Assigning mentors or buddies for new hires it will increase their productivity and integration within a company. Try to find their interest and engage their positive energy in extracurricular activities. Encourage them to play games, skits, take part in fancy dress. Send the survey papers asking some questions about their experience.
- Automation of documentation: Work of HR is not so easy as he has to do paperwork, scheduling, follow-ups, design companies policy. So automatic notifications, reminders, and update of documents, policies can help him a lot and helps to decrease its work pressure by 60%. He can channelise his extra time in giving the best onboarding experience for new hires. According to the Forbes survey, 20% of staff decides whether to be with a company or not in the first 60 days so a proper onboarding experience is so important for any of the company. If you will follow the above guidelines then new hires fall in love with you.
Better employee leads to higher profit.
Steps of the successful transformation of your HR processes to Technologies. long ago HR only viewed as support system representatives for employee delivery services, but it has undergone drastic changes in recent years. The successful transformation of HR processes to Technologies is today’s hot topic. Technology allows the automation of most of the administrative work so that HR can focus on business objectives. are you maximizing the full potential of your company??? The process of changing all major operations in automated and data-driven Technologies is called Modern Digital HR Technologies.
Before 5 years HR discipline was considered as ‘reach to the cloud’ as companies tried to replace talent systems with integrated HR platforms. After some years they realise that ‘there is a need for makeover’ and now it’s digital HR’. today’s HR focus is shifted on how to create an organisation of the future. They prefer hiring young digitally trained workers who are Comfortable In doing all the things by themselves and sharing Genuine information. The key role of HR is helping organisations to be digital and not just do digital.
As an employer one has to always think how can an organisation help HR functions go digital, which digital tools should I use, which app should I follow to deliver the solution?.
- Every year 56% of companies redesign their HR Program to go digital and more innovative.
- 51% of companies are currently in the process of redesigning.
- 33% of HR Teams use some form of artificial intelligence(AI).
- 41% of companies use a mobile app to deliver HR Services.
Let us discuss steps to the successful transformation of HR processes to new technologies.
- Redefining goals: Today’s HR helps management, employees rapidly transformation, and learn digital ways of working. learn digital organisation structures, network analysis and digital leadership model.
- Upgrade old Technologies: Replace old systems with integrated cloud platforms for sound digital infrastructure. update old tools of learning, recruitment, performance management to new so that they can be easy to use by employees. try to build multi-layer HR Technologies including cloud ERP platform, apps, Artificial Intelligence(AI) and other solutions.
- Create a digital HR team: Create a new HR team to explore new ideas of solutions to improve services, recruitment and learning. companies like techno base.in have digital design HR teamwork with IT to design and update digital apps.
- Build strong business partners: Always make sure that the digital HR team created by you is communicating well. think about your HR organisation model and focus your efforts on payroll, benefits, performance management, learning and development and hiring. try to adopt high performing HR teams leading practices and always keep a watch on what other teams are doing.try to innovate and reinvent every people practice.. investigate new Innovations in recruiting. try to find people with high performance in a company.
- Recruit younger people into the HR profession: Rotate regularly all the people from the business of HR. recruit senior leaders, new MBA s, to bring analytic skills to the profession. Younger people are always energetic and more innovative. They are always curious about new technologies and take part in evolution.
- Comparative studies: Visit other companies to see what they are doing.try to communicate with speakers and continuously look for new ideas. Nowadays HR digital transformation practices come from innovative ideas and real-time experiences, they were not written in any book so make yourself ‘lean into’ new technologies. Transformation of HR processes to Technologies is a combination of continuous experiments and innovations.