All of us know that the first impression is the last impression, the first impression always matters. According to the survey, 55% of employees decide whether to be with a company or not in their future from their onboarding experience. The onboarding experience is very important for any company to save top talent. Ultimately it decides the future of the company.
It is very necessary for any of the companies to Treasure the best people they got. Initial days of any employee are always a little bit awkward as they need time to get adjusted in new surroundings, but it’s companies responsibility to feel them welcomed and valued. they should feel accepted by colleagues. In some of the big companies like Infosys, IBM HR managers are giving topmost priority to the best onboarding experience. If it is good and impressive then ultimately it decreases the cost of recruiting and training expenses. Some companies send welcome emails and offer letters two weeks before the actual joining date so that new hires can understand their responsibilities properly. Here are some guidelines for serving the best onboarding experience to your new hires.
- Welcome Message: Every company should send proper welcome messages which include a company’s information, policies, future plans, work tips, role clarity of that person, job duties, quick check-ins and warm wishes. Easy availability of setups and help desk should be included one should avoid isolating onboarding experience. there should be a little bit differentiation in matters according to the grades.
- Documentation: It is necessary to document all the welcome processes so that there should be no chance to forget.on boarding experience matters a lot. Companies check-ins must be available on web integration 24/7 so that anybody can access. Knowledge and approach of ex-employees should be documented. company’s history, values, culture, benefits, training programs must be mentioned. One should allow company care with 1:1 with the project manager. Setup of laptop, software, the password must be documented.
- Personal touch: It is the responsibility of everybody in a company to feel a new hire comfortable. personal loving gestures can do miracles. one can arrange a small intro on joining date. turn-by-turn eating lunch with colleagues so that new hires should not feel leftover. you can daily send an email asking “How are you feeling, friend?” Asked to share working difficulties and their problems. offer gifts, handwritten notes, and welcome kits. So many small gestures can do a great job.
- Engagement: Initial days in a new company with a lot of new faces and new work is difficult for everyone, they feel anxious as newcomers. so that frequent check-ins make life easier and show your care. Assigning mentors or buddies for new hires will increase their productivity and integration within a company. Try to find their interest and engage their positive energy in extracurricular activities. encourage them to play games, skits, take part in fancy dress. Send the survey papers asking some questions about their experience.
- Automation of documentation: Work of HR is not so easy as he has to do paperwork, scheduling, follow-ups, design companies policy. So automatic notifications, reminders, and update of documents, policies can help him a lot and helps to decrease its work pressure by 60%. he can channelise his extra time in giving the best onboarding experience for new hires.
According to the Forbes survey, 20% of staff decides whether to be with a company or not in the first 60 days so a proper onboarding experience is so important for any of the company. If you will follow the above guidelines then new hires fall in love with you. Better employee leads to higher profit.